Python Developer at Sytac IT Consulting (Haarlem, Netherlands)
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-02 05:01:00
About the job
Our client’s shared vision of driving integrated decision-making operations has developed, implemented, and marketed a suite of state-of-the-art Operations Decision Support (ODS) tools based on artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and advanced optimization techniques.
These tools will maximise operational performance by assisting both on the day of operations and in the planning phase. To minimise the number of disruptions (e.g. limiting the number of missed connections) these tools will suggest how to manage last-minute events such as bad weather by combining data on the available fleet, plans, maintenance schedules, crew schedules, and availability.
Additionally, these tools will assist in creating a schedule that is designed to minimise delays by predicting where disruptions in the network are most likely to occur. An in-house ODS team, consisting of business partners, data scientists, and software engineers will be set up. This team will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the tools in the long run as well as the development of new tools and use cases. They will act as a liaison with other key stakeholders in the operation such as crew, maintenance, and ground, to ensure the optimal cross-functional trade-offs are made.
As a Sytac consultant you will be working at our Operations Decision Support (ODS) department that aims to make the most data-driven company in the world. At ODS, they build machine learning models and optimizers to support near real-time decision making in a complex operation. ODS works with the newest technologies in the area of (big) data and distributed computing and employs cutting edge machine learning and operations research algorithms. At ODS, they're front-running and you'll work with ambitious, highly-skilled colleagues to make an impact on the industry.
You can look forward to co-create with agents, personnel and operations experts at the company. Close coordination with data scientists, operations research experts and other software engineers in an agile product team way of working is an integral part of your work. You will also coach your (Operations Research) teammates in the intricacies and best practices of software engineering, CI/CD, API design, and more.
As part of your job, you’ll also design the right architecture together with senior software engineers and you’ll evaluate technology choices to solve the problem at hand. At ODS, engineering and architecture go hand in hand.
Last but not least, you are encouraged and expected to spend 10% of your time with us learning new things, doing research and developing yourself. You can do this by doing courses, reading papers or doing cool hack projects with your colleagues. The projects you do in your 10% time have to be related to your role, but don’t have to be related to the project you normally work on at ODS.
Must have skills:
- Experience in multiple languages like Python, Haskell, Scala, C, C++.
- Senior/experienced developer that has finished large and small projects.
- Experience in multiple database technologies like Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience with building APIs and knowledge of REST API best practices;
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling.
- Experience with bringing (data science and/or operations research) models to production and supporting data scientists in industrializing their code;
Nice to have skills:
- A relevant degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software engineer).Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of cloud (Azure, GWT, AWS) and Kubernetes is a plus.
- You have experience with various CI/CD-related tools. Experience with infra-as-code is a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS. Spark, Hive, etc.);
- Affinity with Machine Learning and/or Operations Research concepts;
- Experience with architecture design