Software Development Engineer II - Amazon Air at Amazon.Com Inc. (Nashville, TN)
Location: Nashville, TN
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-03 05:01:12
Do you have what it takes to join one of the most exciting teams at the world's most customer-centric company? Then come soar with Amazon Air! The Air Science and Technology team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be part of a team of developers supporting Amazon Air.The ideal candidate should be a leader, quick learner and be able to work effectively. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.Position Responsibilities
- Work closely with product managers, research scientists, Air Operations and senior engineers to implement and deploy applications that impact Amazon Air end to end operations.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and big data processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
- Experience in Aviation or Air Cargo industry
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in software design and development
- Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .