Software Engineer at Google (Munich, Germany)
Location: Munich, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-05 05:00:36
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience coding in C, C++, Java or Python.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.We hire people who are smart and passionate, and we favor ability and willingness to learn over experience. Although Googlers share common goals and visions for the company, we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global audience that we serve.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Utilize your expertise to engage in and enhance the whole lifecycle of services - to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Research, conceive, and develop web applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering. Launch, iterate, and make a difference. Help to make Google products better for our users.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving massive amounts of data and information.