Senior Software Engineer at Google (Warsaw, Poland)
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-05 05:00:38
Note: Googles hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience working with one or more from the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, mobile application development, embedded systems, front end development, security, and/or privacy.
- Ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on Googles Cloud Platform and internal infrastructure, you'll have the opportunity to work on everything from the core platform that powers the world's largest distributed network and set of data centers, to the systems that enable developers to rapidly build and easily run their services and applications in Google Data Centers. Your customers will be both external developers, using Google Cloud Platform to bring their ideas to the world, and Google engineers, working on a range of products from Gmail to YouTube.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Googles cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation. Drive cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Lead designs for major software components, systems, and features. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Architect and develop solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.