Senior Full Stack Engineer - SDK at Spotify () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-05 05:00:40
What you'll do
- Use your full stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include back-end and front-end systems.
- Be part of a multi-functional team of different domain specialists working closely with internal teams and our large, active external developers' ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to discover, develop, and operate a set of operational tooling which allows Spotify to effectively act on existing and emerging opportunities for our SDKs and APIs.
- Promote sound engineering practices and drive technical strategy and roadmaps.
- Mentor and act as a role model for your team members in efficient design techniques, quality thinking during development, and intelligent ways to deploy and monitor code.
- Support in identifying and implementing measurements of success for the team.
- Initiate, influence, and drive technical projects spanning multiple teams.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within Spotify to architect, design, build and scale software components, systems, and features.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and take part in an on-call rotation.
- Thrive in an environment that supports your individual growth with exciting tasks and freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures, and internal training courses!
Who you are
- You have a strong proficiency in back-end development and technologies such as Java and Node.js.
- You are experienced in working with data from a variety of storage technologies (PostgreSQL, BigQuery) and know SQL.
- You have good knowledge of architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of microservices and cloud infrastructure.
- A bonus if you have experience with any of the following areas: GCP, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, GRPC, Protocol Buffers, and large scale data pipelines.
- You are comfortable with deploying and operating services in a cloud environment.
- You've been a technical leader or mentor supporting peers and engineering teams and encouraging best engineering practices.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.