CI/CD DevOps Engineer at Baker Hughes (Delft, Netherlands)
Location: Delft, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-05 05:00:56
Would creating future energy products excite you?
Do you enjoy being part of team that develops complex and high-quality code?
Join our outstanding Development team
Our growing team develops industry leading applications for field development planning and well construction. We collaborate with cross-functional teams and experts to shape innovative products which are utilized by customers for hydrocarbon production and new projects for CO2 and hydrogen underground storage and geothermal well drilling.
Partner with the best
As a CI/CD DevOps Engineer, you will have an overview of the build environment including all CI and CD build scripts, serve as a subject matter expert on CI/CD in internal engagements, collaborate with other scrum teams to integrate their deliverables into the wider build system and participate in the decision making for new tooling’s / software / best practices used in our SDLC processes
It is a unique and highly technical role, requiring extensive experience with build systems including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery patterns on TFS/VSTS. You will be part of the BAM team and will be working closely with 12 other scrum teams to deliver our flagship product and platform JewelSuite and JewelEarth. We are continuously looking for opportunities to improve our environment and are expecting you to contribute into this. Our learning culture, open and flat organization structure will help you to work effectively with your team. But your real success will be measured by how you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
As a CI/CD DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Overviewing the team build environment including all CI and CD build scripts
- Serving as a subject matter expert on CI/CD in internal engagements, agile trainings and onboarding (senior candidate)
- Collaborating with the Radiant Scrum Teams to integrate their deliverables into the wider build system
- Participating in the decision making for new tooling’s / software / best practices used in our SDLC processes
Fuel your passion
- To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Have knowledge about build systems and related tools including TFS/VSTS
- Take ownership and manage, update the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines including MS Build scripts, NuGet (Nexus), SpecFlow, SonarQube, InstallShield, MTM/TestComplete, and other components
- Be quality focused
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours (32, 36, 40 hours a week)
- Working 4 or 5 days
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Working in a multi-cultural, multi-location environment following Scrum/SAFe principles
- Agile Testing best practice learning opportunities in a large and focused software development environment
- Access to self-learning resources
- Access to additional training opportunities, career growth, knowledge sharing including other disciplines
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program