Senior Software Engineer, Developer Platform (Edinburgh or remote in UK) at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, UK) (allows remote)
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-06 05:00:27
About This Role
As part of the Platform Engineering group, our mission is to provide an excellent developer experience. The engineering teams are our customers. We make it easier for developers to be developers.
We are responsible for the CI/CD capability and developer tooling that is integral for our engineers to solve difficult challenges and build the UK’s number one accounting platform.
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for helping and collaborating with people, and building innovative solutions to do so. Your typical week will involve:
- Develop, maintain, document, the CI/CD infrastructure and related tooling that allows 100+ engineers to deploy multiple apps on-demand multiple times per day with ~60,000 tests per deploy
- Work with your team to run experiments and ship prototypes to learn how we can improve the development process and maintain our high performance engineering team.
- Define, iterate on, and improve best practices and help teams utilise them
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
In this role you will largely be working with: GitHub, GitHub Actions, AWS, Ruby, Rspec, Terraform, Terragrunt, Docker, Humio, Harness
See our StackShare for a few more examples of technology in use at FreeAgent
We're looking for:
- Experience with an agile software development process, shipping code to production frequently
- Experience of building CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Experience working with AWS
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- A growth mindset, open to improving yourself and learning from others
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and improving your technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you!