Team Leader - Software Engineering at Labforward GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-06 05:00:30
Labforward is a cutting edge technology start-up developing ground breaking software products for laboratories and scientists.
We have two core products: Labfolder - electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for Team Leader - Software Engineering to build a second engineering team for our flagship product - Labfolder which aims to be the central repository for all laboratory research data. Labfolder is an electronic lab notebook (ELN) for scientists which redefines the traditional paper lab notebook as a productivity & collaboration platform. We make it easier for research teams to create, find, share, discuss and validate their findings.Create a free account on our website to have a look at our application: https://www.labfolder.com/free-version/Please note, that the role can be done remotely from Germany.
About the job:
- Direct management of the team, OKR planning and recruitment of new members in accordance with the hiring roadmap
- Reliably deliver high-quality software products and serve as the primary point of contact within the organization for technical questions and any needed alignment between teams
- Collaborate with the product leads to plan and estimate feature development in terms of time and resources for better placement into the yearly product roadmap.
- Maintain the flow of work for your team: review, prioritize, schedule any new work and regularly assess blockers and stagnant issues to help your team finish any work in progress.
- Further develop and influence our shared engineering practices as well as manage the teams access and adoption of tools and practices (ex: usage of Jira, Code Reviews, Code Standards, Test Practices, and other critical Ways of Working).
- Review project’s adherence to customer SLAs, security, coding, UI/UX best practices, any performance targets for the application
- Participate in open communication with your colleagues towards the goals of improving our team, product, and processes.
Our current tech stack:
- Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, REST API, Elasticsearch, MinIO, AWS S3
- Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code
- 5+ years of technical experience with 2+ years of experience in team management
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure for one major provider ( AWS, Azure, GCP) and a CI tool (CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Knowledge of at least one relational database (MySQL, Postgres, etc) and build tool (Maven, Gradle, etc)
- Effective Manager, open, honest, and respectful communicator
- Pragmatic problem-solver, goal-focused and results-oriented
- Open to work in an international environment - expected advanced level of English
- You are looking forward to working for a startup and are ready to take ownership
Nice to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in STEM (preferably in CS)
- Experience with any of the following: Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Redis, MinIO, Code coverage tools, Application Security