Senior C#/.Net Engineer at Tessian (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-07 05:00:38
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer. Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in London, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Client-side Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform. We’re making a difference by providing automatic, real-time protection against threats such as social engineering, human error, & data exfiltration, for people all around the world.
We are looking for C# engineers to help build out our integration offerings supporting our next stage of growth, drive our ability to scale, and grow with us as a company. You’ll stop criminal threats and prevent embarrassing mistakes for millions of people.
In Client-side Integrations we hope to demonstrate to our clients that enterprise software can be done differently. We aim for a minimal-disruption approach to tackling email-based threats and we need our software - and our developers working on our client-side integrations - to enable this. Most enterprise clients access their emails via Microsoft Outlook, so our Outlook add-in is a key integration, and the developer in this role will be working on the product at the very heart of our company. You’ll be surrounded by incredibly smart, talented and friendly colleagues.
Engineers at Tessian love to learn from each other and pull together as a team to succeed. We all have a say in what we build and how we build it and you will be empowered - and encouraged - to have an opinion. We know that we do our best work and have the most fun as a diverse team that represents our users and the world we live in. We work hard to develop our incredible Tessians and ensure that the Engineering team is a fantastic place to work for every gender, ethnicity, age, race, sexual orientation and educational background. We also seek diversity of experience:some of our engineers have been building Windows desktop and services for years, and some have learned the ins and outs of their tech stack and language on the job.
As a Tessian Client-side Engineer you will:
- Design and build reliable client-side systems that operate in a multitude of customer environments.
- Monitor and support our deployments to 100,000s (scaling to millions) of users worldwide
- Work closely with our other product teams to support and provide input on new features
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Value security, stability and good architecture over box-ticking
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
- Have a passion for creating software that truly provides value to its users
Our Client-side tech stack includes
- .Net Framework (C# and VB.Net)
- .Net Core (C#)
- Azure DevTest Labs
- Windows services
- MS Office Add-ins (COM and Web)
- Concourse for CI/CD
and integrates with
- Active Directory
- Office / Outlook
We’d love to met someone who
- Has several years of Software Engineering experience
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys collaboration and working with others
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind deploying, trouble-shooting, and supporting client-side applications at scale.
- Ideally has an interest in machine learning
Why we think you'll love it here .... It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you - Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life - High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we get together to share team updates and drinks - Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing.
For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values. As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.