Senior Frontend Engineer - SAP Concur at SAP (Allen, TX)
Location: Allen, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-07 05:01:05
Requisition ID: 283640Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
Were looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join us on this exciting journey. As part of a new Concur Travel team, you'll help build the next-generation travel-booking experience across our mobile and web apps, ensuring that Concurs travel tools meet a high standard of usability and design excellence that supports elegant and simple user experiences. You will get your hands dirty the whole way, working with cross vertical teams using a Mobile & Cloud-first approach, along with Design Thinking to ensure Concurs Reimagined Business Travel experience is the best in the business.
Value You Deliver:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering optimal solutions and challenging the status quo. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in an agile environment where teams work together toward a common goal.
- Lead the design, development & delivery of new features as part of agile team
- Build web applications using Node JS, TypeScript and a range of technologies including React and GraphQL.
- Mentor junior developers andlead scrumteams by setting positive examples.
- Own cloud services end to end, implementing distributed systems using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more)
- Experience or education in a technology related field comparable to a Bachelor's Degree
- 5 to 10 years of professional software development experience
- Ability to write clean and scalable code using Node JS, TypeScript and a range of technologies including React and GraphQL
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads
- DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, etc.
- Familiarity with common compliance frameworks that impact software development: FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more
- Hands-on experience with cloud native solutions
- Experience in Travel Technologies a plus
- Must be able to work onsite in Allen, TX, local candidates preferred
- SAP is not providing relocation assistance for this position
About SAP Concur:
SAP Concur is the worlds leading provider of integrated travel, expense and invoice management solutions. We imagine the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications, and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most.
SAP Concur has embarked on a journey to re-imagine how business travelers book travel. In an industry thats becoming increasingly more complex with suppliers launching new differentiated product bundles and rich merchandising offers, we have an opportunity to completely re-think the end-to-end shop and book experience. We are building our next generation Online Booking Tool from the ground up and in new technologies in order to guide the business traveler to make informed decisions while helping companies meet their objectives around policy compliance and budget control. This is a very big and bold investment, and youll join a fast moving and entrepreneurial team within SAP Concur building our future Online Booking Tool.
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: C[email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.Additional Locations: