Java Developer at Worldline (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-08 05:00:15
Wordline is #4 worldwide in the card payment industry and are growing internationally, and Australia is one of the primary expansion markets. With its global reach and its commitment to innovation, Worldline is the technology partner of choice for merchants, banks, and third-party acquirers as well as public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies in all sectors. Powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries, Worldline provides its clients with sustainable, trusted, and secure solutions across the payment value chain, fostering their business growth wherever they are.
What that means for you is opportunity and development. To ensure further growth and have local presence as service provider for the #3 acquirer in the Australian market Worldline services Australia is built as brand-new organization and you can be a part of this journey building up the new company, establish the state-of-the-art payment technology platform for the APAC region and migrate the Australian merchant portfolio from the legacy stack to the new one.
The software engineers in the Acquiring Global Products back office team develop systems through which European merchants manage their payments and through which millions of electronic payments are processed daily. In addition to the core systems, which ensure smooth payment transactions, we develop web applications as an entry point for our customers. We give our employees a lot of trust and great freedom and expect them to inspire our customers and us with their passion.
Your day- to -day responsibilities include
- Help to build stable and at the same time modern systems.
- Work in an Agile DevOps team that accompanies features from analysis, design, implementation, functional testing to operation and support (incl. stand-by).
- Bring your enthusiasm to try out and use Leading Edge technologies and learn a lot in the process.
- Develop solutions for our customers based on current Java technologies.
Skills we can’t do without:
- Passion for software development
- Experience with Java and database software development
- Interest in new things and fast learning
- Customer-oriented and independent
- Analytical and networked thinking
- Flexible, creative and pragmatic team player
- Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken
Skills we’d like:
- You have profound experience with Java 8/11 and Oracle DB (SQL/PLSQL)
- Practical knowledge with versioning, preferably GIT
- Computer Science Education (College, University)
- Experience with Docker / Openshift
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Familiarity with Clean Code principles
- Wish to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career. Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all members of the Worldline team. Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We work flexibly and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.