Front-End Engineer for Web Portal Solutions (all genders) at Erste Group (Wien, Österreich)
Location: Wien, Österreich
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-08 05:00:25
Our team delivers and runs Erste Group’s web portals and content management system, serving more than 200 web portals and several web applications throughout the markets Erste Group is present. As a cross functional team of engineers with different specializations we closely collaborate with various business units, with one common goal in mind: Allow Erste Group and its local banks to offer a consistent and engaging user experience across their web portals and applications for their customers and anyone who is looking to become one.
Join our agile team and help us empower our colleagues with the autonomy to create and manage web sites with anything from simple yet engaging content pages to helpful services, and build with us seamlessly integrated web applications that scale.
How you’ll apply your skills and the experience you bring:
- You’ll use Git and your know-how in writing unit tests and performing code review to collaborate with the development team and deliver high quality, maintainable code.
- Your frustration with inconsistent and slow web sites/applications keep you on the go until the implementations are seamless and fluid.
- Your passion for technology will help the team keep the front-end architecture fresh, refactoring dated code and introducing modern and stable technologies.
- Any prototyping skills you bring allow you to get feedback and iterate on ideas, help product owners understand the concept and get buy-in from stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who …
- plays well in a team and has strong analytical and solution oriented thinking.
- takes responsibility, committing her/himself to the team’s goals, going the extra mile.
- is open-minded and acknowledges different perspectives and opinions.
- grows from feedback and enjoys learning.
- welcomes being challenged and respectfully challenges colleagues.
- is motivated by sharing experience, giving feedback and supporting team members.
- sees a programming language/framework as a tool to get a job done.
Why you will like being a member of our team:
- We are a team of people enthusiastic about building software, who love to exchange ideas and push their own boundaries as well as those of the environment.
- We are open-minded, questioning the status-quo and challenging our own as well as others’ ideas, assuring that we do the right thing.
- We put people first, caring for your personal well-being and actively supporting your personal development.
- We believe that empowering people to do their job well gives the best results, and therefore provide you with everything you need to get your job done.
- We provide the environment for you to thrive, allowing you to learn from others as well as be able to weight in your experience, knowledge and interests to move the team forward.
- We support conference visits and provide opportunities for you to demonstrate your expertise and what you are passionate about.
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 43.316,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.