Mid Level Software Engineer at Synaptech (Colorado Springs, CO)
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-08 05:00:29
Mid-Level DoD Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Software Developer
Synaptech was founded by an entrepreneurial leadership team with a strong passion for fundamentally changing the world by protecting the freedom that our nation enjoys, and by creating a better tomorrow for future generations. Synaptech is headquartered in the beautiful town of Colorado Springs, CO, and has quickly become a leader in Department of Defense (DoD) military utility assessment, mission planning solutions, Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A), Digital Engineering, and Model-Based Systems Engineering, innovative visualization, and a list of other topics. We specialize in the rapid, innovative, collaborative implementation of highly technical solutions for some of the DoD's most demanding assessments and missions.
At the heart of our solutions, high-performance software developed via agile methodologies and pipelined via CI/CD for rapid customer deployment and employment. As a Synaptech software developer, you will have the opportunity to envision novel solutions to difficult and technical problems, develop them, and make impactful contributions that will visibly integrate, deploy, and resolve high-priority customer challenges. In fact, most developments will impact the future of US Space Force architectures and eliminate front-line operator pain points. At Synaptech, your personal contributions matter. You are more than a name in an endless sea of developers. Your work will be seen by a wide range of audiences including the U.S. Government, up to the highest levels within the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Executive Branch
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with 8+ years of professional development experience or master's degree in a STEM field with 6+ years of professional development experience.
- Proficiency in React, Angular, or other modern front-end JS frameworks, build tools, and environments (Node.js, Webpack, etc.).
- Experience working with large data sets through databases, JSON, and XML.
- Experience with TDD and writing unit tests, integration tests, and system tests to achieve high code coverage within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working collaboratively with and implementing designs produced by UX researchers and designers.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and software development best practices.
- Agile software development experience, with the ability to develop features both collaboratively and on your own with minimal supervision.
- Ability to see both the big picture and details of software architectures and anticipate and facilitate architectural changes over the full software lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of a variety of software development tools and platforms to facilitate technological decisions.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Full-stack web/thin client software development experience
- Experience with 3D graphics programming, including the Three library and WebGL
- Experience using 3D geospatial libraries (Cesium, Web WorldWind, etc.)
- Proficiency in NoSQL database design, maintenance, and operations (MongoDB is a plus)
- Experience in container-based deployment using Docker
- Software team leadership experience
- Experience as an agile Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Experience using both Scrum and Kanban
- Software project management experience
- UX design experience
- Space domain experience
- Active DoD security clearance
The compensation for this position is $85,000 - $181,000 with benefits including Heath Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, 401K Sharing, PTO, and more.