Developer for Implementation of Mesh Adaptation for Numerical Flow Simulation at Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (Göttingen, Deutschland)
Location: Göttingen, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-09 05:00:49
Welcome to DLR!
Our Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology in Göttingen wishes to employ an Aerospace or Mechanical Engineer, Mathematician, Physicist (f/m/x) for the Development, Implementation and Application of Mesh Adaptation for Numerical Flow Simulation.
The Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology is a leading research institute in the field of aerodynamics/aeroacoustics of airplanes and aerothermodynamics of space vehicles.
The C²A²S²E department develops numerical methods for multidisciplinary simulation and optimization of air vehicles. Besides physical modeling of complex flows and the development of modern numerical algorithms, our research activities cover the software-based integration of all relevant disciplines, the development of efficient optimization strategies as well as surrogate modeling based on higher fidelity methods.
The core task of the position is the further development, implementation and application of an adaptation capability of CFD computational meshes in the framework of the cooperation between DLR, ONERA and Airbus for the CFD-code CODA. The focus of this work is on the extending the adaptation capabilities by including the curvature of surface geometry and by the implementation of anisotropic element division. Another important aspect is the continuous application of the mesh adaptation to industrially relevant aerodynamic testcases to evaluate its robustness and the accuracy of CFD-solutions as well as identifying room for improvement. The status of work will be regularly presented and discussed within the CODA-cooperation.
- Master or Diploma in Engineering (AeroSpace, Mechanical Engineering or similar) or Science (Mathematics, Physics)
- expertise and experience in the field of mesh generation, e.g. for numerical flow simulation
- expertise in the field of numerical methods, preferably for numerical flow simulation
- substantial knowledge in advanced programming languages (Python, C++) and parallel programming
- strong teamwork and results-oriented working skills
- very good oral and written communication skills in English
- ideally expertise and experience in the field of development and application of mesh adaptation techniques
- expertise in the field of aerodynamics and flow technology welcome
- experience in software development in a team preferred
- German skills are a plus
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.