PHP Developer (Symfony) - Join a leading player on the Ebook market at Pentalog () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-12 05:00:03
The mission:Our client’s journey started ten years ago with simple book selling and now, their mission has evolved into management of other means that provide their clients access to reading: subscriptions, promotions, bundles, gifts, etc.The ultimate goal is to become the number one European provider of digital book, and for that purpose, their architecture needs to evolve. It this context of growth, they are building Scrum teams that will become responsible for the functional evolution of applications, as well as the development of new features.
Your first challenge as a PHP Developer will be to create a new automatic book synchronization application. In this role, you will be able to take part in all the development phases, from conception to application, as you’ll bring your expertise to improve good practices and the integration tools and deployment.The client’s platform technology is migrating to the public cloud orchestrated by Kubernetes. This new cloud synchronization application will need to integrate with the micro-services architecture.
The technical environment includes Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform, Bazel.
This project comes with many challenges: ensuring a high level of quality service, providing the service to a large number of users, creating a scalable service that can support a rapid increase in the number of users, as well as ensuring compatibility with the current equipment.
You will be in charge of:• Specifying, developing and testing the components of the infrastructure within an international Agile team;• Taking part in the technical architecture, matching the technical director and the product owner;• Defining the micro-service architecture, as needed;• Developing the services in PHP/ Symfony;• Performing automated tests (unit, integration and functional testing);• Deploying the applications on the Kubernetes clusters;• Interfacing with services provided by the public cloud solution;• Taking into account production metrics to continuously improve the applications, in order to achieve and maintain service quality;• Taking part in the continuous improvement of the client’s tools, Agile practices, process etc.;• Possibly supervising other developers.
- Hand-on experience in API development with PHP / Symfony;
- Ability to work in the infrastructure framework with strong constraints (database size, time of responses, volume of files, etc.);
- Knowledge of automated testing;
- A good combination of rigor, creativity and attention to details;
- Passionate about coding, with a strong desire to learn;
- Experience in practicing code review by systematic pull requests;
- An affinity for creative collaboration & a team player attitude;
- Ability to communicate with non-technicians (to help the client express their needs and to understand users' after-sales service problems);
- Affinity for solving complex problems and collaborative development;
- A sense of pride in watching your product evolve, and seeing satisfied customers;
- Dynamism and inventiveness;
- Good English language skills.
- Ability to learn/ work with Bazel, Terraform, Azure.