London-based online furniture retailer&designer hiring a PHP Developer (Symfony) at Pentalog () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-12 05:00:04
For our client, a London-based online furniture retailer and designer, we are looking for an enthusiastic PHP developer who will develop maintainable, modular and scalable software, using industry best practices, and contribute to the direction and architecture of the client’s website.
In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the software development process: from cutting-edge prototypes to production-ready features that integrate into our client’s website and peripheral systems.
You will be working with the Squad Lead, Product Managers, and other development teams as part of a mixed programming language environment, using the latest technologies and architectures: Event Driven Architecture, Microservices and Serverless.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Build reusable code and libraries for the future;
- Database design and maintenance;
- Present technical ideas, high-level concepts and solutions to internal and external stakeholders;
- Constantly communicate within the fully distributed development team.
- More than 3 years of experience with PHP Symfony (knowledge of Symfony 4 and Symfony 5 would be a plus);
- Good knowledge of PHP core;
- Deep understanding of OOP, SOLID principles, and Design Patterns;
- Solid experience with RDBMS (MySQL/MS SQL/PostgreSQL), database designing and query optimization techniques;
- Work experience with Docker;
- Apprehension of version controlling systems like Git and overall understanding of CI/CD process;
- Strong unit tests and debugging skills;
- Good communication skills within the team and with stakeholders;
- Ability to continue to learn and adopt new technologies, languages and practices;
- Good command of English.