Software Engineer - Java at Shine Solutions Group Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-14 05:00:10
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Contribute to the future of a rapidly-growing business
- Work among the best of the best – in a culture that puts people first
At Shine, we develop pragmatic, innovative technology solutions.
But really, everything we build is about people.
Founded in 1998, Shine is a leading IT consultancy and software development services provider.
From EnergyAustralia and NAB to Australia Post and Sportsbet, we create solutions for blue-chip brands and household names. And our clients value us as partners – more than half of them have been with us for more than 10 years.
We are privately owned with a team of 120+ consultants and engineers, we’re based in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
As a Software Engineer at Shine, you will solve complex technical challenges and be involved in all phases of the SDLC, from gathering and documenting requirements, design, development and testing, to implementation.
Your skills and experience
- Demonstrated Java development experience - including Enterprise design patterns (JPA, JEE, reactive programming) and relevant technologies (Spring, JPA/Hibernate, JUnit)
- Hands on development work, including designing & implementing API’s
- AWS or Azure DevOps development
- Participating in, or leading demos and technical discussions
We put people first. And it pays off.
At Shine, we’ve created a working environment that respects and nurtures technologists. Our staff engagement rates are significantly higher than industry averages. Our average tenure is also longer. And our staff turnover is lower.
In fact, our engagement rate of 84% places Shine in the top 10% of Professional Services Organisations globally.
How do we do it? By putting you first – always.
When you work at Shine, you will work with a team that:
- Loves sharing experiences and learning from each other
- Is deeply passionate about all things technology
- Supports flexible working arrangements
- Encourages further learning opportunities
- Challenges you – and encourages you to excel
What else can you expect?
On top of our one-of-a-kind culture, you’ll also enjoy some tangible perks like:
- Funding for approved training programs and certifications, such as AWS and GCP
- Pre-approved up to $250 per year on reference books or self-paced training materials of your choice
- Access to online training modules to keep abreast of latest technologies
- Financial incentives to share your expertise on our blog, at team forums and industry events
- Lifestyle leave - you can buy extra annual leave each year, out of pre tax income
- Access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) for confidential counselling sessions
If you’re looking to work for leaders in technology solutions who put people first, you’ve found a match.