Managing Consultant - Senior Software Engineer at Shine Solutions Group Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-14 05:00:21
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Contribute to the future of a rapidly-growing business
- Work among the best of the best – in a culture that puts people first
At Shine, we develop pragmatic, innovative technology solutions.
But really, everything we build is about people.
Founded in 1998, Shine is a leading IT consultancy and software development services provider.
From EnergyAustralia and NAB to Australia Post and Sportsbet, we create solutions for blue-chip brands and household names. And our clients value us as partners – more than half of them have been with us for more than 10 years.
We are privately owned with a team of 100+ consultants and engineers, we’re based in Melbourne and Sydney.
What your day might look like
This opportunity is suited to a Senior Engineer with deep technical skills, who is looking to take the next step in their career by broadening their focus. Acting as a key contact point between Shine, our clients and the Shine team members at the client; Managing Consultants at Shine balance both technical delivery concerns with commercial focus to ensure long-term valued relationships are built with our clients.
Every project is different, so will be your responsibilities. Your main responsibilities may include:
- Demonstrating and sharing deep knowledge in your core languages / technologies
- Leading and overseeing others in complex problem solving and debugging tasks.
- Providing estimates on projects around requirements and architecture and including support to these estimates.
- Managing scope and scope changes, including considerations for the impact of these changes
- Building trust and respect with Shine staff and key client stakeholders
- Leading and managing teams on a client site, and continuing and improving Shine’s culture.
Tech you may work with
We would like to hear from Engineers with a focus and knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Server-side Technologies: NodeJS, Java, Microservices, Spring, Spring Boot, Python
- API Technologies: REST, SOAP, GraphQL, Lambda
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, GCP, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
We put people first. And it pays off.
At Shine, we’ve created a working environment that respects and nurtures technologists. Our staff engagement rates are significantly higher than industry averages. Our average tenure is also longer. And our staff turnover is lower.
In fact, our engagement rate of 84% places Shine in the top 10% of Professional Services Organisations globally.
How do we do it? By putting you first – always.
When you work at Shine, you will work with a team that:
- Loves sharing experiences and learning from each other
- Is deeply passionate about all things technology
- Supports flexible working arrangements
- Encourages further learning opportunities
- Challenges you – and encourages you to excel
What else can you expect?
On top of our one-of-a-kind culture, you’ll also enjoy some tangible perks like:
- Funding for approved training programs and certifications, such as AWS and GCP
- Pre-approved up to $250 per year on reference books or self-paced training materials of your choice
- Access to online training modules to keep abreast of latest technologies
- Financial incentives to share your expertise on our blog, at team forums and industry events
- Lifestyle leave - you can buy extra annual leave each year, out of pre tax income
- Access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) for confidential counselling sessions
If you’re looking to work for leaders in technology solutions who put people first, you’ve found a match.