Platform Engineer for George #spring #java #kotlin (all genders) at Erste Group (Bratislava, Slowakei)
Location: Bratislava, Slowakei
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-16 05:00:17
George is the digital banking hero to over 7 million European customers, combining design, technology and openness. Born and raised in the George Labs of Erste Group and the Digital Banking division of Erste Digital, we are designers and developers, analysts and engineers, product owners and product managers, architects, writers, coaches, testers and, well, a few bankers. We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
Above all else, you are a believer in the craft of Software Engineering and your ability to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web. As a part of the George Platform team, you will put forward our tools, service, and guidelines to help squads work independently and self organized.
In order to achieve this, we facilitate the exchange from different stakeholders ranging from development, operations, and security to business and organization.
We are forging a plan on how the George ecosystem will change over the next few years, and we are looking for someone who can help us define and execute that plan. George currently consists of a handful of services running on Spring Boot and Java/Kotlin, serving three frontends (JS, Android and iOS). We have started moving to a cloud-native microservice architecture, running on Kubernetes/OpenShift.
What you will bring with you:
- 3-5 years professional experience in developing and operating software solutions
- Understanding in architecture and system thinking
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- A good grip of designing and building HTTP APIs
- Interest in backend technologies
- Love for code quality and testing
- The ability to express your values and opinions, articulating them in fluent English
You will impress us by:
- Knowledge of the Spring ecosystem
- Fluency in Java or Kotlin including experience with related technologies and frameworks
- Past experience with Elasticsearch or other distributed search or analytic engines
- Technical writing is nothing new to you
- Experience in build and quality management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Teamcity, Sonarqube)
- Experience in DevOps principles or securing web applications
Why you will like us:
- Because you will be joining a dynamic, international and diverse workplace
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. Laptop, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with Georg
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
The way we are
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.