Sr. QA Business Analyst Who Wears Many Hats (And Does Other Stuff Good Too) at Dorsata () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-16 05:00:26
What. Is. THIS...? A Job Description for ANTS!??
(Stack Overflow says to not use a generic title. So, originally, "QA Human" and "Fungible Quality Unit" were on the table. Laughing at the bad jokes of the VP of Product is not a job requirement, however. Making fun of the VP of Engineering may be, however.)
Le Job Overview (The Job Overview)
We're looking for a QA / Business Analyst to join our tiny-but-mighty product team and play an integral role in launching our newest product line — Dorsata Real World Data (RWD). We need someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats and relishes juggling both business analysis & QA responsibilities in a "move fast, but actually don't break things" environment. On the product team, we employ Design Thinking approach that puts the customer first by balancing creative thinking & high-touch stakeholder engagement with structured, documented product processes & robust testing.
Given that, it’s crucial that you feel comfortable:
- immersing yourself in the process of building out manual test plans as well as the process & framework for running those plans
- immersing yourself in business requirements, documenting workflows and confirming data & workflow needs before building
- getting things done in the convergent world of execution via good planning, clear communication, and hands-on project management while working closely with product and engineering team members
- Engage internal customers & external stakeholders to document business requirements.
- Work with engineers & other stakeholders to clarify requirements during the feature lifecycle.
- Take a leading roll in QA & release management by creating & running test plans, collaborating on progress, maintaining quality thresholds, and communicating our development status effectively.
- Write user stories with acceptance criteria, success metrics, and sufficient depth of explanation through the lens of customer and business goals.
- Scrappiness - ability to get things done, even as conditions change and new information is presented.
- Curiosity - ability to explore and synthesize a large amount of domain knowledge quickly
- Well organized - with the ability to pay attention to the details while keeping a bead on the broader context.
- Process focused - able to listen to multiple descriptions of need and build optimized workflows and technology solutions.
- Empathetic - cares about the customer's needs and is respectable of different stakeholder goals and needs.
- Good communicator - solid writing skills, and ability to clearly express goals & tradeoffs with a variety of people.
- Technically minded - enough experience & interest to discuss scope/timeline tradeoffs with engineers.