Backend Engineer (Remote or Singapore) at BandLab Technologies (Singapore) (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-16 05:00:29
Headquartered in Singapore, BandLab Technologies is a collective of global music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. We bring together remarkable brands and people that are passionate about music, and we seek to leverage the opportunities that allow us to achieve more together than we can individually. We believe that integrating the physical, digital and social supply chain around music will create better experiences and opportunities for musicians and fans. BandLab is the flagship digital product in BandLab Technologies, and a leading social music creation platform with a global reach of over 40+ million users. Through its best-in-class digital audio workstation (DAW) and audio hardware division, BandLab empowers creators to make music and share their creative process with musicians and fans on an unprecedented level.
About the role:
You will be part of a highly motivated, communicative, and productive backend team. This position implies that you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the backend services that stand behind our social network and music creation features. Your work will impact millions of our users so what you build must be scalable and highly performant. You will grow in an environment passionate about knowledge-sharing and code review; experience a development culture that uses the state of the art technologies. It doesnt matter whats your level you think - you will be able to learn many things along with us.
- End-to-end ownership of systems you build: estimating, designing, developing, code review, performance optimization, documentation, testing, and monitoring
- Collaborate with team members on design and implementation
- Communicate with other teams during the analysis and development phase
- Design and build APIs
- Develop and ship cloud native applications
- Design and deploy cloud infrastructure
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests
- Write understandable, testable, and maintainable code
- Develop new and maintain the existing features
- Improve scalability and performance of the existing services
Relocation sponsorship to Singapore at will (if/when the COVID-19 regulations allow).