Senior Cloud HPC Application Engineer at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR)
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-18 05:00:56
The Technical Computing Engineering team within the Intel IAGS group helps shape future platforms and software that is used by HPC customers on the data center and the Cloud to solve the world's most puzzling problems. This team is responsible for engaging internally and externally to create a platform desired by our customers and help optimize the platform, software, and tools to perform best on Intel architecture.
The Technical computing Engineering team is seeking for a motivated Senior Cloud HPC Application Engineer to focus on enabling cloud for HPC.
In this role, you will define, identify, and rapidly exploit new IA platform features to deliver HPC Cloud differentiation. You will work collaboratively with various vertical application segment experts within Intel to tune and deliver optimal workload performance by adapting to cloud-specific capabilities and tools, such as cloud elasticity, automation, containerization, etc., and sharing the BKMs with the customers and CSPs. This position will ensure that the key workloads take full advantage of the capabilities of Intel products on the cloud, while also driving future Intel technologies in the directions needed to ensure performance leadership as new cloud applications and technologies emerge.
This position requires a good understanding of performance engineering in both the traditional HPC and the cloud ecosystem such as the full cloud software stack tuning, job scheduling, virtualization, high-performance parallel I/O (file and fabric), and computer architecture. Successful candidates must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment, while also collaborating with CSPs and external customers.
You will be expected to stay abreast of and contribute to new developments in state-of-the-art approaches to cloud computing, HPC, fabrics, I/O, performance engineering; and computer architecture, and may contribute to the development of the intellectual property.
As a hands-on cloud software engineer you will:
- Need a good understanding of the HPC application and interconnect performance and extending them to CSP instances.
- Perform HPC application optimization at microarchitecture, node and cluster level using various optimization tools and techniques.
- Partner with the vertical domain experts to develop performance portability, optimal workload BKMs.
- Define, identify, and rapidly exploit new IA HPC Cloud differentiation.
- Influence CSPs for cloud-specific modifications for optimal IA performance.
- Interface customer/stakeholder requests.
- Represent Intel at Industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering discipline with 6+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience in the performance analysis, optimization, and use of HPC application at scale on the bare metal.
- Master's Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in the performance analysis, optimization, and use of HPC application at scale on the bare metal.
- Strong background in C/C++/Fortran and parallel programming languages/constructs.
- 4+ years of experience with performance profiling on the bare-metal and the cloud/VM environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Operating system/memory management and top CSP fabric and SW stack.
- In-depth knowledge of computer and interconnect HW/SW architecture
- Experience with cloud providers (Amazon, Microsoft, Google, or any other key provider)
- Experience with process analysis and process optimization
- Experienced with CPU architecture
- Previous experience as an HPC engineer
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Other LocationsUS, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, AustinPosting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.