Senior DevOps Engineer (Kubernetes) - MariaDB - Fully Remote at MariaDB () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-19 05:00:42
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems?
What You’ll Do:
This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the MariaDB SkySQL service with a strong focus on AWS while also supporting Azure and GCP. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands-on development work. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA, and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production-grade environments for advanced transactional and analytical workloads
- Plan, lead and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Significant experience with AWS (6+ years), including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale environments
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform/Ansible and a demonstrated implementation
- Strong automation programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- In-depth understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API’s, and security
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives
- Previous experience working remotely
- Contributions to open-source software
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Previous leadership experience