Back End Developer (node.js) at Grand Parade (Kraków, Poland)
Location: Kraków, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-19 05:01:04
Backend and Fullstack Node.js Developer opportunities
We have a number of opportunities to join William Hill both Backend and Full stack Developers, specialising in Node.js. If you’re looking to step into a Developer role in a talented, collaborative, multinational team, we'd like to hear from you.
Working with us, you’ll be at the heart of the technological revolution of one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects for desktop and mobile casinos. We process 500 online requests per second on an average day. You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
We make huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Projects we are working on:
Fullstack - We’re creating brand new team to cover work on existing and new iOS Native apps as well as building a data layer for a range of Gaming and Sportsbook mobile apps to assure data consistency as well as functional and operational consistency across all the Gaming and Sportsbook products at William Hill.
Your role in the team
Working in an agile team, you will deliver high-quality, customer-focused, technical solutions to exceed the customer's expectations. You will be active in all phases of the development lifecycle, including:
- Proactively managing the project lifecycle ensuring agreed timescales, budgets and targets remain on track.
- Working according to development standards & best practice, you'll plan, design, implement & document solutions in collaboration with product owners, developers, solutions architects and applications architects.
- Translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences, and driving improvements in KPI's (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
- Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity) and also taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it.
- Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback
- Collaborating with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
- Supporting production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours
If you're passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies this will be the perfect role for you. At William Hill, we have a strong culture of transparency and trust and we work in an environment that fosters and rewards an ownership mindset. We're looking for people who will thrive in this environment and are excited by the opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and ways of working.
We need you to be a real self-starter who is goal focused and you’ll be a good communicator. Confident contributing to team meetings and all ceremonies, you’re a team player with a can-do attitude. You're highly organised and committed to producing high quality work with a healthy respect for quality and standards.
- Proven professional experience in Node.JS development
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- A degree in a computing-related subject will be an asset
Nice to have
- Experience in basic DevOps skills (we are using Terraform, AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Gitlab-CI)
- Other frontend skills (TypeScript, AngularJs, GraphQL)
- Hands on Linux experience
- Cloud-native web applications on the AWS Stack (Lambda, ECS, SQN etc.)
- Experience in delivering a product end to end, an interest in product design and a good eye for quality (for our Native app roles)