Sr. Software Engineer - Virtual Intelligence Team at Flashpoint () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-20 05:00:26
Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate and physical security, executive protection, and third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
About the team
Flashpoint Virtual Intelligence Operations is a new team building industry leading capabilities in remote access and remote working. Our team will develop software that allows customers to safely conduct research and analysis on the deep and dark web.
What you will do
- Help design, develop, test, release, and iterate on Python based microservices and React components as part of a cross-functional team.
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied features, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations.
- Improve monitoring tooling to increase the reliability of our systems.
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other.
- Apply your honesty, diligence, and sense of morality towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter and kinder.
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements.
What you will bring
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, and producing testable code.
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high level design patterns.
- Care deeply about user experience and meeting the needs of customers, both internal and external.
- Give and receive feedback during code reviews, architectural design sessions, and during the product development process.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies.
- Good understanding of privacy and security.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
What else would be great
- Experience leveraging public cloud APIs and services.
- Experience developing and running microservices on Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of React and/or other contemporary UI frameworks.
What we look for
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
Why Flashpoint is a great place to work
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.