Fullstack Applications Developer (Always Remote) at Fresh Technology () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-20 05:00:29
Fresh Technology helps restaurant operators make smart decisions while navigating the rapidly evolving restaurant industry. Our technology’s mission is to help restaurateurs deliver exceptional hospitality in this new digital, omnichannel world. Our products provide clients the confidence that all of their data is being collected, organized, and presented to them in the most useful way possible to create great guest experiences, drive revenue, and maximize profit. Our restaurant brand clients run the gamut from hardworking mom-and-pops to some of the most innovative food companies in the world.
Continuously innovating on our technology offering is the core of what we do. Our white-label online ordering product, Fresh ToGo, provides restaurants of all sizes access to a beautifully designed ecommerce platform that helps boost sales and retain customers. Our Fresh KDS product made a digital kitchen display system a more powerful yet lighter-weight option for thousands of businesses by providing a cost-effective subscription model that can be downloaded and set up on tablets in a matter of minutes. Our restaurant management system aims to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs by replacing a hodgepodge of products with a single, unified stack.
As a Full Stack Engineer for Fresh Technology, you’ll be responsible for building and constantly innovating on our platform to positively impact our clients’ businesses. You’ll be working closely with product leaders, design leaders, and team software developers to solve the toughest problems in the challenging restaurant ecosystem.
Our Full Stack Engineer has at least three years of experience working in an agile environment, preferable on a SaaS product. They think deeply about problems - both identifying them and solving them. They are willing to question things, and they are rarely satisfied with the first answer. They are organized, process-driven, passionate about technology and its impact on users.
What you need:
- Solid programming skills and a track record of getting things done.
- A strong desire to work closely with product managers and designers to solve real problems
- An autonomous, self-driven, and positive attitude.
- 2+ years of production experience in NodeJs.
- 2+ years of production experience with the following or similar: PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- A strong understanding of Git and the NPM ecosystem.
- 2+ years of experience in production environments where scale, stability, and performance matter.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- A love for technology and learning new things.
We like to see (but not required):
- Knowledge and experience in front-end libraries and frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue, etc…
- Experience with continuous deployment.
- Open source involvement and visible code that you are proud of.
- Active accounts in online technical communities (StackOverflow, GitHub, etc…)
What it’s like to work at Fresh Technology:
Fresh Technology was founded by restaurant operators to help themselves run their businesses. Since then we’ve brought in people from many different backgrounds, but our company’s purpose is still to use technology to make it easier for restauranteurs to operate their stores, turn a profit, and grow their business.
We are a stable company in a growth phase. We believe our people are key to our success, and we want our employees to grow and develop with the company. We value empathy, integrity, resourcefulness, and the ability to anticipate our customers’ needs. We aim to surprise and delight. We believe in asking questions, hearing people out, and those good ideas can come from anywhere.
We were remote before it was common so we’re pros at using chat and video systems to build community across multiple time zones. We have employees across the country in a dozen different states, and our main office is in Nashville, TN.