Senior React Engineer at Wawa () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-20 05:01:11
Job Summary: Wawa is currently looking for a passionate technologist who specializes in front-end engineering and seeks a position where you can shape the future of consumer facing web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of modern front-end technologies, content management, UI/UX design and have demonstrated experience developing several production applications.
We are currently engineering the next generation of applications for Wawa’s digital consumer experience. This role requires a front-end thought leader who enjoys leveraging the latest technologies, keeping up to date with front-end engineering trends and taking the lead in implementing new technology to enhance the Wawa customer experience.
- Translating UX design and wireframes into high quality, reusable code
- Works closely with product teams to develop and deliver impactful user-centric digital products to Wawa customers and associates
· Provides front-end technical engineering leadership and experience to build API driven, component-based applications
- Provide leadership on work efforts and facilitate the definition of project deliverables. Complete project deliverables based on the agreed scope; estimate work effort, duration, resources and requirements. Maintain project updates, issue resolution documentation and daily support communication with business community.
· Grow technical knowledge by researching the latest development methods and techniques, learning new technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
· Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization and explain technical issues in a way that is clear and concise. Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
· Provide overall technical direction and support for team and monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence.
- Design and build core user interfaces leveraging and contributing to Wawa’s UI/UX design system
- Contribute to technology and architectural roadmaps as it pertains to front-end design, UX and engineering
- Work collaboratively on agile teams, developing minimally viable solutions and iterating feature robustness over time in partnership with business product owners
- Perform code reviews and design reviews to ensure development best practices are being adhered to
- Contribute to the development of peers
- Offers technical expertise, feedback or advice as a valuable resource to others
- Take strategic perspective when prioritizing work, considers the bigger picture, ensuring alignment with department objectives
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering)
- 7+ plus years of related work experience developing and supporting front-end/mobile applications
- Proficient in a range of software design patterns and common UX/UI patterns (e.g. data binding, modules, objects, asynchronous and intermediate state: promises)
- Proven ability to architect technical solutions to business problems
- Experience leading small teams
- Proficient with build tools, code versioning tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Strong experience with ReactJS, NextJS, Redux
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience with headless API-first CMS systems (e.g. Amplience, Drupal, Adobe EAM)
- Mobile application development leveraging React Native or other hybrid mobile development framework
- Experience with customer facing, high transactional volume applications within a retail setting a strong plus.
- Previous experience working for a retail or consumer product company or digital agency