Lead Front End Engineer at Wawa () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-20 05:01:12
- WAWA - Wawa, Inc. - Corporate Office
This role can be located anywhere in these states (PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, FL, TX and Washington D.C.). Our corporate office is located in Media, PA and the selected associate in this role will have to occasionally travel to the corporate office.
Job Summary: Wawa is currently looking for a passionate technology leader who specializes in front-end engineering and seeks a position where you can shape the future of consumer facing web and mobile applications. You should have a strong understanding of modern front-end technologies, content management, UI/UX design and have demonstrated experience developing several production applications.
We are currently engineering the next generation of applications for Wawa’s digital consumer experience. This role requires a front-end thought leader who enjoys leveraging the latest technologies, keeping up to date with front-end engineering trends and taking the lead in implementing new technology to enhance the Wawa customer experience.
- Translating UX design and wireframes into high quality, reusable code
- Works closely with product teams to develop and deliver impactful user-centric digital products to Wawa customers and associates
- Provides front-end technical engineering leadership and experience to build API driven, component-based applications
- Provide leadership on work efforts and facilitate the definition of project deliverables. Complete project deliverables based on the agreed scope; estimate work effort, duration, resources and requirements. Maintain project updates, issue resolution documentation and daily support communication with business community.
- Grow technical knowledge by researching the latest development methods and techniques, learning new technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization and explain technical issues in a way that is clear and concise. Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Provide overall technical direction and support for team and monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence.
- Design and build core user interfaces leveraging and contributing to Wawa’s UI/UX design system
- Contribute to technology and architectural roadmaps as it pertains to front-end design, UX and engineering
- Work collaboratively on agile teams, developing minimally viable solutions and iterating feature robustness over time in partnership with business product owners
- Perform code reviews and design reviews to ensure development best practices are being adhered to
- Contribute to the development of peers
- Offers technical expertise, feedback or advice as a valuable resource to others
- Take strategic perspective when prioritizing work, considers the bigger picture, ensuring alignment with department objectives
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering)
- 10+ plus years of related work experience developing and supporting front-end/mobile applications
- Proficient in a range of software design patterns and common UX/UI patterns (e.g. data binding, modules, objects, asynchronous and intermediate state: promises)
- Proven ability to architect technical solutions to business problems
- Experience leading small teams
- Proficient with build tools, code versioning tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Strong experience with ReactJS, NextJS, Redux
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience with headless API-first CMS systems (e.g. Amplience, Drupal, Adobe EAM)
- Mobile application development leveraging React Native or other hybrid mobile development framework
- Experience with customer facing, high transactional volume applications within a retail setting a strong plus.
- Previous experience working for a retail or consumer product company or digital agency
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at [email protected] or 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.