Senior Backend Software Engineer - Java or Kotlin (f/m/d) at zooplus AG (Madrid, Spain)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-21 05:00:05
Hello! We are currently looking for Backend Software Engineers, with specialization in Java/Kotlin for two of our teams at zooplus.
This is what the teams are currently responsible for:
Autoshipment Team: Responsible for a very important product for the company that allows our customers to place orders automatically every certain period of time. The MVP was done initially in PHP and we are in charge of maintaining the current system and redesign it according to company and industry standards. We will create frontend components to have full ownership of the product and the backend part will be done mostly in Kotlin.
Here are some of the main things that make our people feel good about their teams and our work environment that we are sure will be interesting for you:
- Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is also already aligned to it.
- We work in small self-organized teams where you will have the opportunity to grow on your professional career.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and also of course with other teams. Moreover, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt.
- We are used to doing pair programming and learning from each others. This way we can share knowledge between us.
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset are the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- Java8+, Kotlin
- Vue.js, AngularJS, React
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Mesos/Marathon, Docker
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI.
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java8+ or Kotlin
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience working with Microservices
- English at working language level
- You are interested in growing as a software engineer participating actively in the whole development cycle (frontend, backend, database, testing, DevOps...)
- Nice to have: understanding of PHP
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
English, German and Spanish language courses.
Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form