Senior Backend Engineer - Remote at Personio () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-21 05:00:05
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!As part of our Recruiting Core Team, you´ll be working on making our customers’ recruiting process a breeze. Our mission is to enable organizations to attract the best talent, have a seamless interview process and hire efficiently. This starts with a planning process for job positions, publishing them career pages and promoting them on different job boards, sourcing of candidates, an interview process that allows for great interactions between everyone involved, selection of the best candidates and hiring them.Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Recruiting Tribe journey for Personio.
This role can be fully remote from Germany, Spain, Ireland, Netherlands or UK.
Specific tasks of the Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) at Personio:
- You will identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within the team domain
- You will contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
- You will coach and onboard junior and professional team members
- You will drive small- to medium-sized cross-team engineering initiatives
- You will participate in functional case interviews
- You will drive technical discussions and communicate technical decisions to stakeholders
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Go and Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- What skills you should bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience using either Kotlin, Java or .NET
- Experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
- What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes.
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- A remote setup subsidy of 300€ to make your Homeoffice your favourite place to work
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success #PersonioCares
- Find your best way to work remotely and join us for team events and social gatherings at the nearest Personio office.