Staff Software Engineer, Google Cloud at Google (Warsaw, Poland) (allows remote)
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-21 05:00:46
Note: Googles hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with coding in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Experience as technical leader in the design and development of large software systems in a structured engineering environment.
- Experience delivering complex, large scale and critical products with business impact.
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments.
- Excellent technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Technically skilled in the engineering disciplines and interested in the field.
About the job
Google's Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, language processing, UI design and mobile, and more.
You will be an execution-focused technical leader helping shape the future of cloud computing. When working on Google Cloud, you will be building innovative cloud technology that is already powering a number of the biggest, innovative companies, customers of Google Cloud worldwide.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work on container-based technologies project(s).
- Devise innovative ideas for solving Google Cloud customer problems and translate these ideas into technical designs.
- Apply the best industry standards for code health, scalability and robustness, and mentoring Software Engineers.
- Lead designs for major software components, systems, and features. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation. Drive cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.