Senior Staff Software Engineer at Google (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-21 05:00:51
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Professional coding experience in C/C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience with database internals, database architecture and development, and database programming (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server).
- Experience with data pipelines or cost/billing systems.
- Excellent understanding of Google infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Solid technical leadership abilities, and comfortable working on multi-component complex systems and with various stakeholders to ensure adoption/impact.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Data, Insights and Core Engineering team builds systems to support publishing of trustworthy and up-to-date resource costs along with projections, utilization, efficiency, and inventory metrics to drive data-based economically optimal decisions for Google's compute, storage, and network, directly impacting infrastructure planning.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Googles cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Help design and build our next generation of infrastructure to deliver reliable and trustworthy data on resource economic costs and consumption/efficiency metrics for Google decision makers.
- Provide internal customer support, helping with problems that involve complex diagnosis of data flows through multiple systems and analysis of anomalies to validate changes or isolate bugs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as product managers and financial analysts on data sets, models, validation and correctness.