Senior Developer - Concur Travel at SAP (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-21 05:00:54
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the role:
As a Senior Developer with the SAP Concur Travel Engineering team, you will deliver services that comprise the high availability, market leading Concur Travel product. Our team is responsible for developing new services and new capabilities for corporate travel management to ensure Concur Travel continues to be the industry leader with innovative solutions that make business travel simple. More specifically, we deliver solutions for end-user travel booking workflows incorporating corporate travel policy.
- Collaborate within and across teams to design, develop, and deliver end to end solutions.
- We encourage team members to build expertise in a focussed set of domains, but keeping an interest across services, front-end/mobile is desirable to maintain an end-to-end understanding of the solutions
- Build AWS infrastructure to help scale our services
- Implement automation and monitoring of services to minimize response times to service degradation
- Partner with product management and user experience teams to design user-centric solutions to simplify corporate travel management
- Investigate and solve critical customer issues
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in Golang, Kotlin, Java, C#, C++, Swift, React, Redux, GraphQL or equivalent languages
- Experience working in an agile, live site culture which practices frequent deployments and automation of everything including infrastructure buildout, deployments, and tests
- Experience delivering solutions in cloud native architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Envoy, Vault)
- AWS experience with tools including EKS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, Dynamo, Redis
- You are a strong proponent of documentation. You will be involved in decisions that impact global teams. Your ideas and insights will be shared across teams throughout the engineering organization
- You are a team player who is highly collaborative, an effective communicator, willing to listen and work with others
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:311106 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: