Data Engineer - Help spread advertising through eCommerce Media Platform (MX) at Pentalog (Guadalajara, Mexico)
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-22 05:00:51
Our new client, a leading technology company that offers personalized display advertisements for e-commerce businesses, is expanding its team with a Data Engineer.
In this role, you will support our partner’s mission to power the world’s marketers with trusted and impactful advertising through a world-leading e-Commerce Media Platform.
- Create high quality, maintainable code that processes and analyzes almost 400 million events daily (which are doubling every year);
- Utilize one the largest private Hadoop clusters in the world and a bleeding-edge suite of technologies that push the limits of modern data processing;
- Design and perfect data models that isolate signal in the noise of real-world data and make difficult challenges possible for fellow engineers;
- Be a part of a team working on high volume, highly available systems, critical to the success of the business;
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility for new projects.
- 5+ years of programming experience, ideally in a compiled language (C#, Java, Go, etc.);
- Rock-solid computer science foundation (data structures, algorithms, optimization);
- Experience developing and extending systems of moderate complexity;
- A passion for shipping quality high-performance code;
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility;
- Great teamwork and communication skills;
- Openness to getting your ideas challenged by your team, as well as challenging theirs;
- Adaptable to an Agile and dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in English.