Senior Front End Engineer- Autoship R11596 at Chewy, Inc. (Dania Beach, FL)
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-22 05:01:02
Chewy is seeking a Front-End, Senior Software Engineer to join our Autoship. Join us in spearheading new ways to serve our customers on a platform that is responsible for 70% of all sales at Chewy and many happy, healthy pets.
The Autoship team consists of cross-functional pods, each staffed with software engineers, QA engineers, and leadership working together under an Agile process. We’re always taking on new challenges and seeking new opportunities to learn from each other.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the pod’s Engineering Manager in mentoring early career engineers. Help them build the skills they need to succeed at Chewy and beyond!
- Usher projects through their full life cycle: definition, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Use your software development experience to provide authoritative feedback on cross-browser, performance, usability, or accessibility concerns.
- Align with Pet Health, Checkout, Order Management, and other teams to seamlessly integrate Autoship features into their platforms.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of several Chewy business processes and systems environments. Connect with our counterparts on other teams to become familiar with their workflows so we can collaborate with them more effectively.
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable, and can scale to serve our customers even during the busiest times.
- Participate in effective, constructive design and code reviews that elevate the code we create, not tear down the engineers that create it.
- Collaborate to triage and resolve bug reports.
- Share knowledge with our teammates and support teams about the solutions we build.
What You'll Need:
- You’re self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Commitment to actively participate in daily standups and sprint ceremonies so the whole team may thrive.
- Full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent requirements gathering and analysis.
- Experience developing applications in contemporary web technologies (React, Vue.js, Angular).
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience in developing applications with database technologies (DynamoDB preferred).
- Experience working with web services (SOAP/HTTP, REST, GraphQL) at scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- This position may require travel.
- Experience with any of the following: AWS, Terraform, Agile/Scrum, continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience with TypeScript, Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Exposure to working in e-commerce, protecting Personally Identifying Information (PII), and complying with regulatory requirements.
- You have pets of your own and will brighten your teammates’ days with pictures of them.