Senior Cloud Software Services Architect at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR)
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-23 05:00:56
Come join us! Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Software Center of Excellence team is looking for innovative professionals to join our growing team.
CESG is part of the global Data Platforms Group (DPG) organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide. This includes high-end co-processors for supercomputers, low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, and solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
The CESG Software Group is growing and looking for Cloud Software Services Architects experienced with large-scale environments. As a Cloud Software Services Architect, you will work as part of this growing team to bring cutting-edge solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers.
In this role, you will analyze existing software services and workloads to determine technical and business pain points, technical requirements, and potential solutions, and drive proof of concept architectures to production implementations. If you enjoy innovation, navigating complex solutions, and working with partners and customer DevOps teams to deliver advanced in-cloud software and services, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Excellent written and communication skills, both technical and non-technical, with public speaking experience.
- Experience leading cloud solutions as a service owner and/or solutions architect.
- Major team player, collaborator, role model and mentor.
- Passion to exceed expectations and constantly push the envelope.
- Experience creating collateral that articulates a strategy of complex concepts into simple solutions.
- Experience translating complex business and technical challenges into technical solutions.
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group and future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Requirements listed below would be obtained through a combination of industry-relevant job experience, internship experiences, and or school work/classes/research.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 9 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 9+ years of broad practical experience architecting, engineering, and operating large scale cloud-native computing services with domain expertise in one, or more, of these key areas: (data services, scale-out distributed workloads, low latency software design, scale-out storage containers and microservices, CICD orchestration, scheduling distributed systems APIs)
- 6+ years of experience working with customers in the design and deployment of automated large-scale computing environments using both open-source commercial and home-grown custom software
- 4+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas: (ML for Systems and scheduling algorithms, CC development of Cloud Native Distributed Data Services systems and/or Multiple facets of operating large-scale distributed systems especially data services
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Documented contributions to the technology industry for data center infrastructure solutions, e.g. whitepapers, patents, code contributions.
- Experience consuming and utilizing new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or toolsets.
- Design deployment and manageability of software services.
- Software engineering and senior DevOps roles supporting Software Services.
- Scripting building tools and automation to manage data center software.
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a largescale environment.
- Development experience with Python Java C Rust and/or Golang.
- Design for Failure software principles, Eventual Consistency, and geo-distributed SW.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Other LocationsUS, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara; Virtual US and Canada
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:$145,650.00-$233,190.00
Benefits:We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here