Director, Embedded QA at Flock Safety () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-26 05:00:57
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
About the opportunity
Flock is looking to add a Director, Embedded QA to our device firmware team. Our device team is made up of dedicated engineers who are responsible for all of the code running on a variety of devices Flock deploys in the real world. They enable the whole experience by creating firmware that reliably captures, processes, and uploads over 200M images per day for years at a time without needing human interaction to keep them running. The ideal candidate is a hands-on technical leader who is comfortable working across disciplines at the intersection of software and firmware development, software test design and development, and building test infrastructure.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Hire, lead and grow a team of Embedded Software Test Engineers
- Design and drive integration and test effort
- Work with system/software/hardware engineers to understand system requirements and limitations to see through what needs to be tested
- Influence SW/FW design decisions through a strong test data-driven approach that creates collaborative accountability for the dev teams.
- Prioritize test effort and development as our deliverable plans may be adjusted
- Lead technically deep, strategic and efficient test plan reviews as well as technical innovation within the team on test infrastructure and tools.
- Strong team leadership, as well as people and program management skills
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry in embedded software or firmware handling full product lifecycles
- Experience building and managing high-performing QA teams
- Strong knowledge of embedded system design, and previous experience with RTOS and/or embedded Linux systems.
- Previous experience with python and shell scripting as well as C/C++ or Java
- Experience working with and building test automation frameworks, infrastructure, and data analysis.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time