Backend Engineer (Python) at Zattoo (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-28 05:00:42
Zattoo is building the platform for the future of Television. It unleashes TV from its long-standing restrictions in time and place, by using modern technology to distribute the content and personalize the experience. We give our users the freedom to enjoy their beloved content whenever and wherever they want. Our platform serves over 2 Mio. monthly users, both under the Zattoo and under partners brands, and the numbers are rapidly growing.
As a Backend Engineer at Zattoo, you will build the foundation for a seamless and stable TV experience for millions of TV lovers which involves quite sophisticated engineering and architecting to bring what used to be broadcast into the personalized world of the internet. We, the backend engineers, tackle this challenge every day by using the latest standards in software design and developments and by constantly improving our processes and tools. We do all that with a strong focus on scalability, distribution, efficiency and maintainability.
What You'll Do
- Wrap your head around our multi-tenant, distributed and international web API service infrastructure and push it to the next level
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers (frontend, backend, video and ops), understand their needs and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are built by your team
- Build and maintain admin interfaces to make multi-tenancy business logic configuration accessible for tenant-facing teams
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in any modern programming language. Python or Go are ideal.
- A deep understanding of how the Web works, from client requests to server-side handling to front-end rendering
- You enjoy building highly available services and APIs that scale and work efficiently even under the highest load
- Be curious to understand and work with other people's code and join the common effort to constantly improve our platform
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and integrating external services
- Fluent verbal and written English language skillsBonus
- BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Basic DevOps/Network/Cloud Hosting experience
- Experience in web frameworks such as Django