System Engineer at O'Reilly Auto Parts () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-30 05:00:36
Location: Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO or RemoteTentative Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. On-Call Rotation Includes Overnights & WeekendsCompensation Range: $65,000.00 - $115,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skillsBonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
A System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration at O'Reilly Auto Parts develops and supports applications to maintain retail store systems, administrates configuration management using Ansible, maintains patch management for retail systems, and administrates a highly available cluster for retail locations with VMware. This team is focused on the development, design and integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party packages utilizing tools and technologies including Linux, Python, Ansible, Django, and PostgreSQL.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to translate business to technical requirements and problem solve.
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation and support.
- Debug and test code as needed.
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.
- Mentor system admins, developers, and interns.
- Participate in on-call schedule including nights/weekends.
- 4+ years of server administration or software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT, JIRA and Confluence.
- Linux Systems administration experience.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work flexible schedule with on-call rotation for nights and weekends.
- Experience with Ansible, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Django, VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting critical applications and uptime in an enterprise environment.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.