Solution Architect at Domino's Pizza (Ann Arbor, MI)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-30 05:00:53
The Solution Architecture and Design Team is seeking a Solution Architect to join us in creating next-generation software solutions that drive the primary aspects of Domino's store operations. This role is pivotal in enabling and innovating on the way 25,000+ stores do business, utilizing our Store Systems Platform APIs and client applications both in-store and in the cloud.
The solution team is responsible for fully comprehending complex business needs and designing software solutions to fulfill them. The Solution Architect plays a senior leadership role in this process, working with stakeholders across the enterprise to decide on whether to extend, refactor, or add new business domain concepts to the Store Platform, its services, and/or 1st-party client applications. They work closely with Solution Analysts on the team to document and hand-off solutions to the development team for implementation. They form strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders (e.g., developers, UI/UX designers, application architects, and delivery managers) and are a leader in the program through subject matter expertise and creative problem solving. Beyond guiding the team, the Solution Architect is a champion of the Store Platform, capable of explaining the software design, capabilities, and implementation in a way that best suits audiences of varying level and technical skill.
A successful Solution Architect can balance a long-term strategic view and short-term tactical considerations, ensuring the solution at hand is both posing and solving the correct business problem(s) at the correct times. Beyond their technical software building experience, their masterful communication skills ensure everyone in the room is aligned on why the solution is required, how it’s going to be implemented, and what it will achieve. They give and take feedback very well, knowing the best solutions come from iteration and scrutiny. Finally, they also enjoy mentoring others, frequently guiding and collaborating with others on the team and in the program at large.
- Technical Designer of Software
- Collaborate with business owners, analysts, architects, and other stakeholders to understand business, technical, and functional needs of the enterprise
- Define and evolve a platform that will implement consistent and reusable concepts across different applications and services
- Break down problems into implementable solutions and convey that understanding of the commerce platform using domain modeling, API designs, technical approach overviews, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Technology Expert
- Be an expert in the implemented Store Platform solutions
- Collaborate with development and application architects on new technologies and implementation approaches
- Occasionally perform PoC's when a new technology or tool needs to be proven out for introduction into the platform
- Act as a subject matter expert for one to three Domino’s business domains, balancing current needs with future vision
- Be a bridge where needed between development and business, ideally helping both speak the same language
- Champion solutions internally to Domino’s Technology stakeholders, and externally to business stakeholders and beyond
- Mentor others on solutions and approaches, within the solution team and more broadly in the program
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology; or, equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years of designing and developing software solutions, in progressively responsible roles
- 2+ years in an architecture role is desired
- Breadth of experience with languages, operating systems/deployment, databases, patterns, and anti-patterns--as a basis for developing architecture and designs
- Leadership experience, able to build great relationships while representing the program and platform. Note: Leadership does not necessarily equate with direct reports.
- Experience working in multiple domains, understanding where to draw context boundaries and where to aggregate concepts
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design a plus
- Talented Communicator
- Ability to lead and contribute to discussions around platform design and business concepts
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders
- Capable of diving deep into technical designs as a trusted expert
- Working knowledge of UML or similar modeling language
- Fundamental knowledge of applicable technologies
- ReST-style API design
- GraphQL experience a plus
- API documentation—OAS a plus
- Service communication--eventing, polling, messaging
- Integration patterns
- Identity concepts--authN/authZ
- .NET development experience a plus
- History of operating independently, managing disparate projects with competing deadlines, and maximizing impact