Full Stack Developer at Quaychain Technologies, Inc (Salt Lake City, UT) (allows remote)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-01 05:00:39
QuayChain Technologies is looking to change the world by digitizing the supply chain using 5G and AI. Focused on Ports and intermodal hubs, QuayChain is a company and a solution with a difference, building and managing private LTE/5G networks to help empower AI solutions for the supply chain.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our fast-growing team.. You will work build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services tied out Machine Learning devices. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices. What you'll do Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design, and build elegant solutions
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, creativity, productivity & learning agility. Desire to take on added responsibilities involved in a startup organization to make a difference.
Location can be in our Salt Lake City, Los Angeles or Chicago locations, or remote for the right person.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Able to create well-designed test cases and be familiar with testing guidelines/best practices
- Able to work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences
- Capable of providing input on user high-level interactions on web pages/UI
- Able to explore/introduce innovative development techniques/technologies that expand the features provided to customers
- Have a good understanding of machine learning technologies to support dedicated machine learning engineers with backend support
- An expert understanding of Linux on both servers and Intel like devices
- Understand and implement the CI/CD lifecycle
- Knowledge about security concerns at each layer of the stack and data protection.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack AWS development technologies
- Actively participate in all aspects of the SDLC, including/not limited to story refinement, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency and support
- Developed visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes and prototypes
- Experience in a variety of core AWS technologies for backend servers/process/serverless, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experienced with databases using NoSQL Dynamo, MySQL, Postgres, using various server & serverless databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience designing/integrating RESTful APIs, GraphQL & HTTP/HTTPS
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Good communications skill sets (verbal, written, presenting, etc.)
- Self-Motivated - takes initiative to address issues, pursue new designs, identify cost reductions, researching of new parts
- Innovative - Ability to design from a broad mandate statement, thinking out of the box, etc
- Accountable - Assumes full responsibility of their designs or other designs which they have been assigned to maintain or debug
Salary and Benefits
QuayChain offers a competitive market salary with great equity opportunities. Our workplace values individual contributions towards our company mission and societal goals. We believe in work life integration.
QuayChain benefits include:
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Extended parental leave
- Paid Volunteer days
- Educational opportunities for professional development opportunities
- Remote work options
- Health care
About QuayChain Technologies:
During COVID, you likely became more aware of the supply chain and its inefficiencies. Our interconnected world and the increasing impact of climate change has made a resilient, sustainable & secure supply chain more urgent to all of us. From your World Market table from Turkey to 14 gauge IV needles from China, it's time to empower this invisible disjointed system with QuayChain. QuayChain digitizes the information and connectivity gaps in the supply chain, in partnership with logistics centers. Our platform enables applications & data-driven solutions for those companies that serve and drive the global supply chain. QuayChain's digital infrastructure will also enable its broader social mission rooted in equitable opportunity.
We are tackling a system problem, that's both on and offline. That means we work with diverse groups of people externally - from government, research institutes and local communities to truckers, power companies and green tech. Internally, we have varied backgrounds and right now, our team is definitely older than "typical" entrepreneurs. As an organization, we value learning, questioning, resilience, honesty and divergent thinking.
The connectivity layer with Private LTE/5G is the foundation for the network of IIoT devices that feeds the QuayChain platform.