.NET Engineer (TDM Team) at funda (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-05 05:00:44
A .NET Engineer at funda can proudly say that she/he works on a product that is known and used by millions of people. But funda is more than ‘just’ a well-known marketplace where supply and demand meet. We’re developing into a platform that helps our visitors with all the important things that come with buying or selling a home. If you get a kick out of technical challenges, an enormous reach and working with the latest cloud technology, working at funda is a great opportunity for a software engineer like you.
Your software engineering colleagues know that they can work nearly anywhere they want to. And yet, they all choose to work for funda. Because here, they can work with the smartest people on a premium brand. They build features from beginning to end and deploy them with continuous delivery. But not only that: they also have the freedom to come up with solutions that impact 77 million visits per month.
Your jobA flood of data coming your way doesn’t scare you – you know exactly how to ride that wave. By building clean and precise services, you can provide the right data from multiple data sources so that product developers have access to everything that they need to build amazing website features. By building an automatically scalable infrastructure in the cloud, you are able to scale up and down in a heartbeat.
Your teamYou will be part of our TDM team, which is able to make the life of their colleagues a lot easier. Together with your colleagues Dmitry, Kwok and Lead Backend Maarten you will build new decoupled data supply services, so that product development teams have the right data to build their products. As this is a small team, your input will be very valuable. There will be plenty of room for new ideas, experimentation, trial and error, and on-the-spot learning.
Your profileYou have a ton of exciting ideas and are not afraid to break through barriers to make them see the light of day. Collaboration is a key word in your career – it lifts you up to work together with other teams, and you know communication is more than just answering the questions other people ask you. As a T-shaped professional, you actively look for feedback and you are not afraid of a steep learning curve – the world of real estate agents has many secrets for those who start. Are you up for a challenge?
Apart from having an awesome personality, here are some requirements we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of 4 years' relevant development experience
- You have experience building and monitoring (high-volume) web platforms and websites
- You know your way around ASP.Net and C#
- Working in an agile working environment has no secrets for you
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) is something you are familiar with
- Not only do you understand what a DevOps mindset is, but you also have practiced it before
- Have you worked in Datadog before? Great! Otherwise, another alerting & monitoring tool is fine – as long as you’ve used one before
- You know a thing or two about cloud development. Azure is preferred, but any other major cloud provider experience is welcome
- You know how to work with infrastructure as code. Bonus points if you have experience in Terraform
- If you have domain-driven design experience, don’t forget to tell us. But don’t worry if you don’t – you will be able to learn on the job.
This is what we offerFunda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. Whether you work in the office or from home, we’ll make sure that funda feels like home to you. On location, you and your colleagues work in the heart of Amsterdam in our own ‘funda square’ with an unobstructed view of the IJ river. If you work from home, you’ll stay connected to your colleagues through Microsoft Teams, and we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need for your home office.
You’ll be working with more than 140 great (international) minds, who will make you feel welcome from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come to work with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them).
- Flexible working hours.
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension.
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (at the office, during working hours).
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day (when you’re in the office), ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday.
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present. And during lockdown periods, funda offers great virtual alternatives.
- The opportunity to attend conferences and take courses and classes, because at funda, we believe that learning never stops. You can also get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.
If you have passed the telephone screening (and technical exercise), we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 2 rounds of interviews.To case or not to caseFor this vacancy, after a successful telephone screening, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
More information?Send an email to [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible.
We take COVID-19 very seriously. Most funda employees are working from home. However, this does not stop us from striving for a swift and enjoyable recruitment process. Our procedures haven’t changed; they just happen virtually. Our recruiters will stay in touch with you, every step of the way.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, who do not need a work permit for the Netherlands.We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.