Senior Backend Engineer - Golang at Utopia Music (Stockholm, Sweden)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-05 05:01:15
Join our teams - Alpha Discovery or FlaminGo and work, learn, play and grow together with experienced developers (and music enthusiasts) while creating a music ecosystem that empowers all those involved.
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
You’ll be working on our backend system and its continuous development. With your teammates, lead developer and engineering manager, you’ll be solving heavy database related challenges and you’ll be continuously making an impact.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
We are not dogmatic about tech stack and we welcome experienced developers with different skills. Our stack is Golang and Node.js though and above mentioned teams work with Go so we'd need you to solve a case and show us your understanding of the same.
- You are a passionate and skilled backend developer (knowing some frontend is a plus) that already has several years of experience.
- Proficiency working with Golang.
- High quality code is your first, your last, your everything.
- You love to learn and you love to share the knowledge.
- Preferably you worked with MongoDB and/or SQL.
- Knowing ES6, TypeScript and/or React is only a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Good communications skills.
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity.
THE HIRING PROCESS
We have 3 (currently all video) interviews and here's what you can expect
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get the technical test and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You meet our lead developers for the technical interview.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
- In case you decide to join us, you'll be meeting potential future team afterwards and before the onboarding.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to be part of building the Engineering function in Stockholm and work in an impact oriented, autonomous and empowered team
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies
- Sublime office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our vibrant office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too!
- Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, phone and subscription
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)