Senior Full Stack Engineer Remote (US Only) at Mission Control GG (St. Louis, MO) (allows remote)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-06 05:00:07
Mission Control is seeking a curious, open, driven and playful teammate to join us as a Senior Full Stack Engineer. This position will help build a product that gathers and grows communities through the recreational play of games. You will collaborate with a small, startup engineering team to architect, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features across a mobile player app and admin web platform.
Organization Description:Mission Control exists to gather and grow community through the structured play of video games with our B2B Gaming Community Engagement Platform. For players, it is a mobile app where gamers can join recreational gaming leagues, similar to their local adult softball league or college intramurals - but with video games. Gamers join leagues hosted by organizations like local parks departments, college recreation departments, LAN Centers, or other groups. Mission Control manages the league schedule, validates scores, and determines the champion while also serving as a forum for league members and friends. On the other side, organizations use Mission Control to gather their community, host leagues of various game titles, and manage their esports operations. Mission Control is a great tool for organizations to expand their recreational offerings, create new revenue streams, and learn more about their community.
Our Values:We are DRIVEN
We challenge each other and ourselves to strive for excellence in all that we do. Achieving excellence is not a singular task, but an everyday operation; and when faced with failure, we rely on the support of each other to get back up and keep moving forward. As a team, we are driven to build our own community as well as the community we are built in.
We are PLAYFUL
Just as we want our customers to enjoy community and connection through our product, we want our team to embrace life and all that comes with it. Playfulness and our passion for things outside of work fuel our excitement to create and excel within work. While our teams take their work seriously, they always approach it with joy and the goal of creating joy for their colleagues and our customers. Even when work is intense, we take care of ourselves by guiltlessly destressing with our hobbies and breaks.
We are OPEN
Here "To Gather" communities for our customers, openness means dedicating our business to an inclusive community. Our focus on collaboration encourages feedback and responsiveness in processing and implementing action. Openness to us includes diversity of thought, perspective, and background that are all integral to acting with humility and trusting our teammates. Openness means being able to "disagree, then commit" to team objectives selflessly.
We are CURIOUS
Made up of explorers and innovators, our teams seek creative solutions and go the extra mile. When faced with challenges, we innovate, test, & consult the data to make decisions rather than defer to hierarchy or titles. We acknowledge we do not know everything, are always hungry to learn more, and embrace the "ask" for help from others while seeking to improve our business and ourselves, daily.
We are TEAMMATES
Founded on partnership and focused on building community, we know no business can succeed without a team, and no individual can thrive without support. By treating each other with compassion and empathy, we solve problems rather than pass blame. As a player on this team, we own our choices and failures without making excuses, celebrate each other's accomplishments, and understand that we experience every hurdle and success together, as a team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write pragmatic, high-quality, testable code
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Work with MySQL, along with NoSQL (Firebase, MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- Work with a modern technology stack that includes Node.js
- Work with a modern PHP technology stack that uses Laravel and Lumen
- Work in a CI/CD environment using Docker
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations
- Work well with other engineers while setting & enforcing best practices for teammates
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and Laravel
- 2+ years of experience with Angular or similar framework
- Capable of working in an Agile environment
- Strong passion for video games or games in general
- Past Startup experience
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Early-stage company equity
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited personal time-off, 2 week minimum required. 12+ days of company holidays
- This is a remote (US Only) position or flexible position based in St. Louis, MO
- At this time, Mission Control will not sponsor a visa application for this role