Back-end Engineer (.NET) at MercuryWorks (Tampa, FL) (allows remote)
Location: Tampa, FL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-06 05:00:46
We are a closely-held web and enterprise application development firm and we are looking for a driven back-end engineer with an emphasis in .NET. Are you experienced and current in your .NET development skills, especially .NET Core? Dig REST-based WebAPI services decoupled from the front end? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The back-end engineer will be engaged in a range of web application development including:
- .NET Core-based application development for web-based business applications
- Construction of REST-based service layers for use across a range of consumers
- Database development, data layer architecture and data reporting/intelligence
Skills & Requirements
The position requires a high level of .NET development proficiency in C#, MVC, WebAPI, SQL Server, Entity Framework and the other usual suspects. The .NET Developer will work with Scrum Product Owners, solution architects and interface designers/developers to ship quality applications.
Mercury's back-end engineers possess strong skills in the above technologies and just as importantly design patterns, common development frameworks and unit/integration testing. Some level of experience with or exposure to Node.js and React is also helpful (at Mercury we believe in T-shaped skills). A passion for DRY, SOLID and SRP is also pretty darn important.
At Mercury you will:
- Collaborate with a Scrum team to deliver software product in a fast-paced client services role
- Develop enterprise-grade .NET applications built for the web
- Write RESTful APIs for front end developers to consume
- Deploy solutions to the cloud including Azure and AWS
- Help solve business problems with data-oriented applications
What Kind of Projects Will You Work On?
- Internal business applications/system for a regional logistics company
- Integration with and new functionality for Fortune 500 ecommerce application
- Web and collaboration applications for the Southeast's fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based developers.
We are a Florida-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.