Senior Full Stack Engineer at Utopia Music (Stockholm, Sweden)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-06 05:01:12
Join our team Flamingo and work, learn, play and grow together with experienced developers (and music enthusiasts) to create an evolved music ecosystem that empowers all those involved.
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
We work in teams of 3-5 developers, a lead developer and an agile project manager who is a scrum master. You’ll be working on Utopia products built on the Utopia big data platform. We work full-stack including the product infrastructure and user experience. We take a holistic approach to product creation from data to robust backend and customer experience.
Depending on your experience and strengths, we will find the right role for you in the new team. We’re looking for a Lead Developer, as well as senior developers.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
We are not dogmatic about tech stack and we welcome experienced developers with different skills. Our stack is Golang and Node.js though and we’ll require you to solve a case and show us your understanding of one of the mentioned technologies.
You are a passionate and skilled developer that already has a couple of years of experience.
- Proficiency working with either Golang and/or Node.js.
- High quality code is even more important to you than the Force.
- You love to learn and you love to share your knowledge.
- Preferably you’ve worked with MongoDB and/or SQL.
- Knowing ES6, TypeScript and/or React is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and CI/CD skills are highly valued.
- Good communications skills, fluency in English.
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get a programming exercise and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You meet our lead developers for the technical interview.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to be part of building the Engineering function in Stockholm and work in an impact oriented, autonomous and empowered team
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies
- Sublime office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our vibrant office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too!
- Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, phone and subscription
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)