Software Engineer (PHP) - Integrations at NFQ Technologies (Kaunas, Lithuania)
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-11 05:00:04
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo– a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power the world's largest vacation rental search engine. We are expanding HomeToGo's technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Tripping.com, CASAMUNDO and Wimdu.
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organization combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven, and trunk-based development principles to maximize business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system, and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Engineer (PHP) to join the Integrations team in Kaunas or Vilnius. In Integrations, you will mostly work on integrating new and supporting existing trusted partners - the most important part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily, fresh and accurate data is one of the biggest challenges in the team where you will help to achieve this goal.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain features
- Ensure that your features are well tested
- Solve technical design issues
- Help to maintain a healthy codebase
- Suggest your ideas on how to improve your surroundings
- Integrate of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Integrate new partners
What you will bring
- Experience in writing good code with PHP especially with OOP
- Experience with Symfony (or similar framework), PHPUnit (or alternatives) and Git
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt to ever-changing situations
- Problem solving, decision making and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a group of highly skilled developers and product owners
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 2600-5000 EUR gross. Your final salary agreement will be based on skills and experience evaluation.