Partner Engineer at Google (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-11 05:00:47
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the media industry, including television and video technologies.
- Experience working with programs or scripts written in C++, Go, Java, and/or Python.
- Experience in a technical and client/partner facing role.
- Experience working with data analysis and SQL queries.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
About the job
The TV industry is changing, and our team is focused on building the future of TV for YouTube. We work across a variety of initiatives like ad-supported movies, YouTube TV, YouTube Originals, MLB Game of the Week Live on YouTube and more.
As a Partner Engineer, you will manage the Scaling and Automation team responsible for building and improving the operational workflows, tools, and scale that make these initiatives a reality.
In this role, you will be responsible for enabling the integrations between some of the biggest media companies in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), their content offerings, and the YouTube platform. You will understand the industrys standards and common practices in EMEA on topics like VOD delivery and Live Signal acquisition, designing a cross-functional strategy to scale the TV and Media Operations in EMEA, and informing the Product teams of the local opportunities.
You will be instrumental in taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment, including through designing and implementing short-term technology solutions to bridge gaps for partners, and commercializing new solutions for the long-term.
- Identify similarities and differences of the EMEA markets in terms of content delivery and packaging, communicate with the Business, Product, and Engineering team, and establish the roadmap and strategy for supporting partner onboarding.
- Identify, drive, and optimize various operational workflows and tools (i.e., web-based and command line scripts) between partners (both external content partners and internal operations) and YouTube.
- Improve operations by developing automation scripts and dashboards, and improve product feature offerings by providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partners integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.