Senior Blockchain Engineering Lead, Executive Director, Onyx by JP Morgan at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-12 05:00:53
Description - The blockchain engineering team is looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineering Leader who will provide thought leadership in developing the next generation of distributed platforms. The role will combine architectural design, technical leadership, and "hands-on" development. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in distributed software development.
Finance background is Required, experience with Blockchain technology and eco-system would be a huge Plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Drives a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design, flexible teaming, and knowledge sharing and talent transformation. * Develops codes as appropriate * Builds the architecture strategy and best practices for the Blockchain Engineering team and partners across the businesses in close collaboration with our technology executives and business/customer stakeholders
* Oversees the digital architecture vision for shared infrastructure, platform services, and the design patterns related to them.
* Chooses the technologies for the implementation of each component and connections between the components; performs Architectural review and Code-reviews.
* Creates a forum for innovation with the blockchain technology community that drives thought leadership around the digital architecture roadmap and strategy. * Champion best practices for enterprise-wide Digital success with Hybrid Cloud initiatives, micro services Infrastructure based technology, and deployment models.
* Represents the blockchain engineering team both internally and externally as a technical thought leader.
Desired Skills * Distributed computing experience such as Kafka and RabbitMQ * Experience with one or more front-development frameworks, such as React or Angular * Thorough understanding of cryptographic protocols and blockchain implementations * A working knowledge of Docker and of using the Vagrant environment * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills * Self-starter that requires minimal supervision * Flexible / adaptable - able to work with diverse groups of people including all levels of business management * Excellent project management and facilitation skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans