Senior Software Engineer - Where GovTech Meets FinTech at PayIt () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-12 05:01:17
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible and efficient.
Awards & Recognition: Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers, CEO EY, Entrepreneur of the Year, GovTech 100 5 Years Running, Fast Company Innovation in Design Award (2019), NASCIO State IT Recognition finalist (2020), LocalSmart Awards (2020), StateScoop 50 State IT Innovation of the Year (2019-2020)
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer on the Payments team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the Payments Platform services that move money for PayIt’s constituents and clients. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available services that millions of North Americans depend on every day. You will work with our partners to rapidly build new capabilities for our platforms.
What You will be doing:
- Build out payments services on our platform which is used by the rest of the organization, third parties, as well as our clients and constituents.
- Architect, design and implement high-volume payments services that will be used by hundreds of millions.
- Build services that handle sensitive customer data that hold PayIt accountable to world-class standards for security and compliance.
- Work cross-functionally with product, business, and finance teams to develop best-in-class GovTech payments services.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Strong understanding of real-time payments systems
- 8+ professional years’ experience working on a distributed software system with proven experience writing performant strongly typed code in a strongly typed language: Java, Go, Kotlin, C, C++, etc.
- Prior experience building maintainable code in a team-oriented setting using modern software-delivery methodologies while exemplifying extraordinary teamwork.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Cloud Native platforms and API Development
Why Would You Work With Us?
- Our problems are interesting to solve, come with complex challenges, and impact all of our lives.
- Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases, running in Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- We use modern languages, frameworks, and tools.
- We integrate functional-style and dynamic object-oriented programming to produce code that is readable, easy to test, and highly scalable.
- We care deeply about accessibility, low latency, observability, scalability, and security.
Note: We can not provide sponsorship at this time. We do hope to be able to in the future.